Friday, May 24, 2013

Piton Hybrid? It is true...



Happy Man in a Piton Hybrid.




You know when you are talking gear with a designer and he complains (only a little mind you) that his original design has now been some what usurped by a new product, that there is something to it.

Especially if you liked the original and really like the newest "version" even more.



In this case the Patagonia Piton Hybrid Piton Hoody was the topic of discussion. The product that it closely resembles is the R1 Hoody. I own and use both.



But seldom, if ever, can I remember making two blog posts in such a short amount of time on a single product.I recently bought 2 moreon the Internet at retail! And now my wife has one as well. It is a Patagonia insurgency here! Weird that, as I am not generallya big fan of Patagonia.



But when one piece of clothingrapidly becomes mychoice for everything froma fast ski run, to an alpine ice climb, bank the fact it is a good piece of outdoor clothing. Way better than first impression might leave you with. When I want to watch TV in mine (yes I admit to it, I watch TV on occasion) I know something is up. When Ican run on a wet and miserable day in it...BC ski in it with out a shell......well you get the idea. Most anything I do I might want to use a Piton Hybrid. No thumb holes which I like. But long sleeves. Great hood. Water and wind resistant inserts and a long, well fitted body. Full zip. One chest pocket. And super comfortable as a base layer, mid layer or even a outer layer. How many pieces of clothing that can do all three for you with little or no compromise?



Few pieces of gear have impressed me this much. Phantom 6000 with Baruntse liners, the Nomic, CCW packs, the TLT. Nothing in clothing I'd add to the list. And we all know I like much of the the currentclothing lines.






Piton again, with no shell required, on a mid winter summit.




More here:

http://coldthistle.blogspot.com//01/patagonia-piton-hoody.html

No comments:

Post a Comment