Monday, December 3, 2012

Jake's Peaches

Last April I told the world the story of Jake's peach tree - the saga of a Harry & David peach pit, planted a few years ago by my sister and her husband and son Jake. In its fourth spring the tree burst into beautiful pink bloom and Red and her family hoped there would be peaches.

Next came a photo of the developing green fruit and then in July the photo above showed them beginning to color.

A week ago my sister Red sent this photo of the ripening fruit with the guy who planted the tree and had faith that it would grow and bloom.


A
nd she also sent a photo of some peaches in a bowl. They weren't huge, but they were beautiful peaches!



W
hen a recycled Harry & David box arrived this afternoon - I had to share the joy!


video



Dear Family,
There's a light fruity fragrance already - maybe Philo and I can sample one of these very special peaches tomorrow. Thank you all - I can't believe you did this!


And Red - sure hope you and sister Josie will have a chance to get to Mamma Mia soon if you haven't already been to the theater together.
I wrote about seeing it this week with my friend MSS over here at Annie's Addendum and don't think there are any real "spoilers' in my post.


I bought the CD yesterday - guess what - the booklet has all the words, so by the time the DVD comes out - I'll be ready.


Now I just hope you are as thrilled with the movie as we are with the peaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment